Re: [Epic] Question Arising

From: Tim Sharrock <tjsharrock_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 09:02:44 GMT

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 10:43:54 -0500, Scott wrote:
>Alun Gallie wrote:
[...]
>> It doesn't say titans do go on overwatch all it says is if they prep bomb
>> they are not considered on OW (because they cann't be) but can not move in
>> movement phase.
>
> But that statement shouldn't be there in the first
>place, it doesn't make sense. Normal arty doing a prep bomb
>isn't on OW, so how could anyone think that a titan doing the
>same thing would be considered to be on OW? Maybe Gav thinks
>you can reroll misses for a prep bomb...

Prep-bombing artillery isn't on OW, but other units in the detachment
are considered to be. By analogy a wild rulues-lawyer might be tempted
to argue that if a Titan fires some of its weapons as Prep-bombs, the
other weapons should be treated as on overwatch... I feel that explicitly
saying that this does not happen is worth doing!

Tim

--
Tim Sharrock   (tjsharrock_at_...)