Re: [Epic] Question Arising

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 10:43:54 -0500

Alun Gallie wrote:

> <snip>
> >* Titans can't go onto overwatch anyway.
> >* Gav has a rep for writing articles that break the rules
> >* Does Gav think that titans *can* go on overwatch?
> >
> > Since titans don't get orders, I'd lean towards no prep
> >bombardment myself.
>
> Why ?

        Because Gav said they could. =) =) =) But mainly I
was thinking because titans can't be given orders.

> The ability to Prep Bomb is provided by the artillary classification not the
> orders. Granted you place a unit on special orders to use it but given that
> a WE can not be placed on assualt orders but can still assualt why can it
> not use its artillary special weapon to prep. bomb.

        Good point. And it's not like titans are in danger
of becoming too powerful anyway.

> It doesn't say titans do go on overwatch all it says is if they prep bomb
> they are not considered on OW (because they cann't be) but can not move in
> movement phase.

        But that statement shouldn't be there in the first
place, it doesn't make sense. Normal arty doing a prep bomb
isn't on OW, so how could anyone think that a titan doing the
same thing would be considered to be on OW? Maybe Gav thinks
you can reroll misses for a prep bomb...

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"All good people are asleep and dreaming"