RE: [Epic] WD217 Epic Article

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 08:37:20 -0600

>>2) The Thawks place BM according to their total FP, put fire at half their
>>FP ??? I thought you had to calculate your FP, and place BMs according to
>>that FP ?
>>

>This bit is right. You place BM's according to total FP available before
>calculating final FP (So, before deducting BM's for example)

--------> I believe the concept is that you can still pull the trigger,
you just aren't aiming as well (ducking & dodging instead)
Think of some of the more recent war movies where the guys are lying
down behind a wall and stick their assault rifle up in the air pointing
in the enemies' general direction, firing blindly.
      For tanks etc, I'd say it's buttoning up vs having someone poke
their head out a hatch.
      Not sure what the heck it's supposed to be doing to titans,
though.

"Look out, massed bolter fire"

"But, that's not even going to scratch our paint!"

"I don't care, someone might get hurt. Move us behind that tree over
there, even if it blocks the volcano cannon barrel."

"We could fire through the tree."

"Well, it wouldn't provide much cover after that, now would it? You're
relieved. Get someone up here who understands the modern battlefield."

-Course for gargants, I guess it could be reducing the number of exposed
crew, but I wouldn't think they'd care.

Chris Miller