RE: [Epic] Farm Chapters

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 12:21:36 -0600

>Please understand I was only using the Ultramarines as an example. I have no
>idea what chapter these minis were painted up to be a part of. But I hope
>you get the idea of what I am asking. Is this plausible or would I be better
>of coming up with something else?
>
>Thank you for your time,
>Liquid

---------> Larry, relax. For SM/TL I painted up multiple Ultramarine
companies, a Blood Angels company, couple of Dark Angel companies, and 2
Space Wolf Co's. In one of the not-too-terribly-ancient WD's they talked
about "crusade" armies where elements from numerous chapters combine to
carry out missions (was for WH40K but the idea still applies). With
E40K's variable unit sizes, you could make up several standard
detachments for each force. The only caveat I would share is try to keep
all the units of one detachment the same color to cut down on confusion.
Other than that, let the Ultras provide an armored detachment while the
Jade Dragons dump assault troops out of a T-Hawk and the Blood Angel
Devastators unload from afar...

    Multiple chapters is also a good way to handle a multiplayer
scenario for special occasions. Matches up well with multiple ork clans
or different Eldar craftworlds.

    If you want to go with the Official Fluff, chapters usually don't
recruit from one another, but they are your mini's.

Chris Miller