Re: [Epic] Farm Chapters

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 13:34:36 -0500 (EST)

"Miller, Chris" <CMiller_at_...> writes:
> >Please understand I was only using the Ultramarines as an example. I have no
> >idea what chapter these minis were painted up to be a part of. But I hope
> >you get the idea of what I am asking. Is this plausible or would I be better
> >of coming up with something else?

        It's not unheard of for more than once marine chapter to send
forces to an engagement, IIRC. If your fluff has the Ultramarines and
Jade Dragons having a friendly relationship, then it might happen more
than occasionally. It's also unlikely for a marine to switch
chapters, and most of the exceptions occur when their original chapter
disappears or is wiped from the records. This has to do with the
possessiveness of the chapters over their geneseed, for if it is
contaminated or is not recovered, then the chapter will not last long.

> ---------> Larry, relax. For SM/TL I painted up multiple Ultramarine
> companies, a Blood Angels company, couple of Dark Angel companies, and 2
> Space Wolf Co's. In one of the not-too-terribly-ancient WD's they talked
> about "crusade" armies where elements from numerous chapters combine to
> carry out missions (was for WH40K but the idea still applies).

        Yup. If that article was transferred directly into E40k, it
would be a detachment where there is no captain or librarian, but each
*stand* is from a different chapter. I agree with the way you suggest
things though.

> The only caveat I would share is try to keep
> all the units of one detachment the same color to cut down on confusion.

> Other than that, let the Ultras provide an armored detachment while the
> Jade Dragons dump assault troops out of a T-Hawk and the Blood Angel
> Devastators unload from afar...

Mark