[Epic] Farm Chapters

From: Larry \ <liquid_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 10:47:53 -0700

    Merry Christmas to all Space Marine/ Epic players of the world. During
this time of celebrating I have yet another newbie question. Please let me
know if these begin to annoy any of you. This post is long. You have been
warned 8').
    I am paticipating in a bidding war (auction) for a huge number of minis
and some are already painted in the colors of established chapters. Instead
of ruining another person's possibly good work, is it possible to use them
making my chapter a type of "expansion Chapter" ? For example, I already
made my chapter jade green metal flake (trust me. It looks better than it
sounds) and named them the Jade Dragons. If the minis I receive from the
aucion were painted in, say for example, Ultramarine fasion and all, could I
keep the minis incorporated into my army as is and use my army, as a type of
Farm Team for the Ultramarines in times of dire crisis? Also the JD would
act as a kind of ladder rung or a place of recruitment for future Ultras. A
JD troop could either be a dedicated Dragon for his whole life serving in
honor for his Emporer, or follow a path developed by the Dragon and Ultra
Chapter's leaders offered to only the Dragon's elite who wish to persue
future service in the UM. In times when the UM are not in need of my Jade
Dragons' fighting services as back-up/ reserves, they would act an
semi-indepedant chapter with their own codes, customs, and rituals while the
JD HQs (dedicated to the JD chapter and all it stands for) and blue armour
wearing (JD troops who have chosen the path of becoming Ultras and are only
a short way from becoming such who are looked upon by JD leaders to be THE
example) troops ensure the rest of the Jades follow the Codex Astartes
enough to remain worthy of either becoming future Ultras and/or keep their
standing as an Imperial Chapter thus avoiding eternal liquididation.
Please understand I was only using the Ultramarines as an example. I have no
idea what chapter these minis were painted up to be a part of. But I hope
you get the idea of what I am asking. Is this plausible or would I be better
of coming up with something else?

Thank you for your time,
Liquid