Re: [Epic] off topic: Why so ticked?

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 15:50:25 -0600 (CST)

hey now, don't slam squad leader- those rules are clean, no cheeze, with a
working points system. The rules cover nearly any possible action,
like,"can my 8-3-8 that has just split into half squads still make smoke?"
ANS= section 123.4.12 yada yada yada yackity smackity blah blah blah.
but with a learning curve from hell.--> finding those rules is half the
battle.

at least the General still has Q&A's and the game suppliments come with
errata lists.

but it is easier to find players for GW Games, so it works out in the end.
(although ASL is way too cool when played with GHQ 1/285 lead minis... B^)

I'm still unhappy about the OOP status of Man O War. Thats what pisses me
off-- GW dropping good games, and things like the old 1st ed. Vehicle
guide for 40k. Valid for maybe 5 months before 2nd ed. made it useless.
Or that my Knights got "lost" for E40k, with no official rules.

**
mike
**