Re: [Epic] off topic: Why so ticked?

From: Tim <tim_macpherson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 15:52:12 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
To: space-marine_at_... <space-marine@...>
Date: Thursday, December 25, 1997 2:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Epic] off topic: Why so ticked?

>hey now, don't slam squad leader- those rules are clean, no cheeze, with a
>working points system. The rules cover nearly any possible action,
>like,"can my 8-3-8 that has just split into half squads still make smoke?"
>ANS= section 123.4.12 yada yada yada yackity smackity blah blah blah.
>but with a learning curve from hell.--> finding those rules is half the
>battle.

I am a LONG time player of ASL...I like the game alot...but it's a lot of
work for an afternoon/evening of fun.
Personally, I like the beer&prezels complexity of the GW games...with their
blemishes and all....that's all. I don't deny ASL has a better rules
system...I just would rather not have to sift thru a rulebook 3 inches thick
to play it. =)

Tim