Re: [Epic] off topic: Why so ticked?

From: Sutherland <charles_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 09:11:50 -0600

IMHO any real game company that is more concerned with its customers than
corparate profit and image would not build a huge corporate headquarters
instead of investing in better games and supplies and trying to get the
cost down.
        They have already built a fortress because they see the inevitable revolt
of the peasants and want to be prepared. thpppppt. The gamers are no
longer in control. I dont believe you can use the regular marketing ideas
on gamers. we are an odd lot who dont like being jerked around.(and on
average we are a little brighter than the average consumer zombie)

        I have been using other models and games a lot lately. GW be screwed.
BAck in the old days if you had a homemade conversion they would say "
Oooo... that is cool. How did you make it and what does it do?". Now the
regulation response is "Sorry sir... You can not use that model in our
store/tournament/game. It's not official."

Enuff of my rantings now.

They do make nice games and figs every now and then.

                                                That Chuk Guy