[Epic] off:Thank you all 8') [long]

From: Larry \ <liquid_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 08:15:21 -0700

I wish to sicerely thank you all for your input on my request for
information. I finally understand where you're coming from. 8') Thank you. I
come from this point of view: I have in my home over $1500 worth of
paintball equipment. It is good equipment and there is nothing wrong with
it. The problem is that every time I want to use it I have to fork out a
minimum of $30. Folowing my service comittment to the Air Force (where I
played almost every weekend) I had an expensive pile of stuff that has been
used a total of 4 times in one year. Also with my wacked out work schedule,
the days I could play either no one else could or the field was closed. The
time had come for a new hobby. I had exposure to GW back in 88-89 and liked
what I saw so I thought of giving it another try. I always thought that
WH40K was a bit too easy to manipulate to a negative extent (I figured this
out as a Sophomore in high school after reading my Rogue Trader. It was soo
obvious. Even Gavin admitted it indeirectly in WD215 when he lost 17 Orks to
ONE scout using rules he wrote for it.) and I have always liked tiny minis
so I was happy to see Epic 40K. I am a member of the taxed American economy.
I work an average of 54 hours a week and when I am off, this is a good way
to occupy my sanity. If I'm not playing I can relax by painting a few
squads. In all I am happy. True, I may have chosen a bad time to get into
this game, but that is a choice I have made and I am happy with that. I am
glad that there are people out there who are willing to keep the things
about the old systems they liked alive (eg: NetEpic) so that newcomers like
myself can play both old and new and remember. Again, Thank you. I promise
to try not to raise such a buzz on such a touchy subject like that again (at
least not for a while). 8')

And for all you Squat and Knight players, your minis are always welcome at
my table.

Larry "Liquid" Plummer