Re: [Epic] off:Thank you all 8') [long]

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 02:26:13 -0700

Larry "Liquid" Plummer wrote:

> I wish to sicerely thank you all for your input on my request for
> information. I finally understand where you're coming from. 8') Thank you. I
> come from this point of view: I have in my home over $1500 worth of
> paintball equipment. It is good equipment and there is nothing wrong with
> it. The problem is that every time I want to use it I have to fork out a
> minimum of $30. Folowing my service comittment to the Air Force (where I
> played almost every weekend) I had an expensive pile of stuff that has been
> used a total of 4 times in one year. Also with my wacked out work schedule,
> the days I could play either no one else could or the field was closed. The
> time had come for a new hobby. I had exposure to GW back in 88-89 and liked
> what I saw so I thought of giving it another try. I always thought that
> WH40K was a bit too easy to manipulate to a negative extent (I figured this
> out as a Sophomore in high school after reading my Rogue Trader. It was soo
> obvious. Even Gavin admitted it indeirectly in WD215 when he lost 17 Orks to
> ONE scout using rules he wrote for it.) and I have always liked tiny minis
> so I was happy to see Epic 40K. I am a member of the taxed American economy.
> I work an average of 54 hours a week and when I am off, this is a good way
> to occupy my sanity. If I'm not playing I can relax by painting a few
> squads. In all I am happy. True, I may have chosen a bad time to get into
> this game, but that is a choice I have made and I am happy with that. I am
> glad that there are people out there who are willing to keep the things
> about the old systems they liked alive (eg: NetEpic) so that newcomers like
> myself can play both old and new and remember. Again, Thank you. I promise
> to try not to raise such a buzz on such a touchy subject like that again (at
> least not for a while). 8')
>
> And for all you Squat and Knight players, your minis are always welcome at
> my table.
>
> Larry "Liquid" Plummer

Sorry, that was a lot of bile to have to deal with at once. I think that
all of us don't want the game to die, we just want it to get better so
we can get some new players into it. That goes for all GW games.

Let's let it rest until someone else makes us stick our fingers down our
throats a few months from now . . .

Thane