[Epic] Titan battles -Reply

From: <CLL_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 11:49:16 +0000

Anyone ever try this? At the store where I play epic, I ran an
all titan battle in the SM/TL rules; Chaos, Ork and Tyranid vs
Imperial, Eldar and Squat (Cyclops and Collosus only).
17000 points per side. Lasted about six hours, and evil won
(two heirodules and two lords of battle left). The table was a
mass of titan wreckage, especially one hill where 3 warlords
and 5 reavers were swarmed by five biotitans (two of which
survived).
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah. We tried this a couple of months ago - (half a dozen of
us hired a house and played games for a week).

We used Chaos and Orks vs Imperials and Eldar, with
another Army (B'Krath) in the middle.

Chaos had 2 Lords of Battle and 2 Chaos Warlord
Battlegroups.
The Orks had 2 Mega Gargants, a Slasha Big Mob and a
Great gargant Big Mob
Eldar (me) had 2 Revenants, 1 Phantom BG, and 1 Warlock
Titan
Imperials had 1 Imperator, 2 Warlord BGs and 1 Reaver BG,
and maybe some Warhounds.

That game took over 6 hours (8 turns) to play and ended with
a marginal Imperial/Eldar victory. The alien B'Krath got
hammered (as they were supposed to) but took out most of
the Orks and some Imperials. The Imperials and Eldar then
kicked the remaining Orks butts, and finished off Chaos, but
only the Imperator was left from the Imperials, though the
Eldar only lost the Revenants.

Krass