Re: [Epic] A few questions...

From: Andrew Nguyen <a2nguyen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 13:06:08 -0800

At 10:41 AM 12/29/97 +0100, you wrote:
[Snip]
>e) Infantry are allowed to move up to double their move during the assault
>phase to get into CC (p.21). But Boarboyz & Eldar Jetbikes, which are
>vehicles/cavalry, are not infantry and are therefore not allowed to move at
>double speed. Right ?

From the Rule Book (p.35):
"Cavalry units have their Speed doubled, and during the Assault phase
their speed us tripled if they charge into close combat."

Therefore, Cavalry act as vechicles in all other respects such as Supa
Lifta Dropa and taking cover except that they can "charge" into close
combat. So, Boarboyz can move 20 cm during the Movement and Assault
phases, except if they can come within base contact, then it's 30 cm
during the Assault phase.

>f) 4 Basilisk with 4 BMs can fire at an enemy with a barrage which covers 3
>models. This results in placing 1 BM for firing 12 FP at the target, but
>actually doing no damage as the 4 BMs cancel out the 4 SHWs. The same goes
>for 4 Bombards, except that they do no damage but place 3 BM for the 24 FP
>that could have been inflicted. Is this correct ?

Yes, from the Q&A and some other sources, you figure out how many blast
markers before any modification (ie assaulting or other blast markers).
So, for blast markers you place 1, but resolving the actual shooting
you have 0 FP and therefore 0 dice.

        -Donald Nguyen

"I like a man who grins when he fights."
        -Winston Churchill