Re: [Epic] IG and Planetary Assault Landings

From: HornedRat <HornedRat_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:02:12 EST

<< Quick question, when the Imperial Guard has to conduct a planetary assault
landing, what do they use as a descent vehicle? Are Thunderhawks strictly for
Marine use? Thanks. >>

Hmm...it's been quite a while since I've posted on the list....but with the
release of the Guard, I'm gettin' back into E40k. Anyway, the way I
understand it, T-hawks are only Marine vehicles. I've seen references (mostly
in older material) to "dropships" of various kinds, but I would imagine these
to be quite large, not well armed, and fairly slow. Something that'd
get..oh..an entire company of men or tanks from a Galaxy Class Transport ship
to an already secured landing zone. Maybe after the Navy softens things up
with some Marauders.

HornedRat