Re: [Epic] off topic:Wd leaderless?

From: Oki Purwanto <oki_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 15:40:50 +0800

At 11:18 AM 12/31/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Sauron1 writes;Peter;
>
> I beleave Wd has had a new editer for each of the last few editions,
>does anyone think there is some hosecleaning or such going on inside GW
>besides always paranoid me? ( it's a requirement in my job description )
>
> sauron1

Yup, these guys are going thru the editors like crazy. At least 3 diff
editors in the last 14 issues or so. BTW, is the WD editor Robin Dews or
Paul Sawyer ? I thought it was Paul Sawyer, but I have not quite seen much
of his editorial.

In WD217, Robin Dews "climb upon the soapbox in order to rant and rave about
a subject close to my heart.." Basically he was defending (or whatever you
want to call it) Epic40K. Evidently he got pretty cheesed off by US
retailers' view that E40K is a "simpler than its predecessors and therefore
as a result can't be as realistic."

To cut the story short, he got pretty worked up over the whole matter. Me
thinks this is because E40K sales has been very disappointing. And the
feedback that these GW guys get is that E40K is too simple as compared to
Epic. Mayhaps someone could compile the mails that just went on a few days
ago on the list :)

And still not much improvement in WD - though I still buy them ;)

Regards
Oki