Re: [Epic] IG and Planetary Assault Landings

From: Los <los_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 13:33:32 -0800

jnug1453_at_... wrote:

> just before landing. (For orks I pictured large pillows on the bottem
> of vehicals. :)

Don't laugh. This what actually done during the Son Tay raid in Vietnam,
when they had to crashland an SH53 inside a compund that was too small
to land in. They lined helo's floorwith matresses and had everyone lay
down spread-eagled on the ground. It resulted in theonly csualty of the
whole raid (on our side)..a busted ankle.

Los