Re: [Epic] IG and Planetary Assault Landings

From: <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 13:11:33 +0000

> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 11:17:34 -0800

> Regarding the dropped equipment, I have one question. Are you dropping
> the vehicles etc. with the crews in them already? That's pretty scary.
> The Russians tried that back in the seventies but t was just too costly.
> (though the I.G. has had 40,000 years to perfect the techniques <g>
>
> If they drop without crews I would suggest a one or two turn delay (can
> be assigned randomly), while the crews get themselves, sorted out,
> locate and derig their vehicles.

I assumed drop with crew, I mean how else could they be ready to
fight next turn. Yes, thats probably scary, but I figured in 40,000
they would be able to get around the problems, mostly landing.
Someone mentioned tractor beams, which is another possibity. I also
pictured it as a swift descent, followed by a relatilvy short
slowdown phase, either parachutes, or gravatics or something wierder
just before landing. (For orks I pictured large pillows on the bottem
of vehicals. :)

Other stuff: Falling things do not accumulate blast markers,

Just some thoughts