Re: [Epic] Holofields

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 10:19:44 -0600

Larry Irish wrote:

> [Armes book, pg.65 - Eldar War Engines section, Holofield description
> paragraph]
> "Because of this, Eldar Titans receive a 2+ saving throw against any and
> all hits they take, rather like a unit with the _save_ special ability
> does."
>
> So, not very definate (typical <sigh>), but it gives us a place to start.
>
> [Rules Book, pg.37 - Special Abilities section, Save description]
> "Units with the Save special ability get a saving throw against each hit
> inflicted on them. If they can roll a 4, 5, or 6 on a D6 when they suffer a
> hit for any reason the hit is discounted and has absolutley no effect!
> Blast markers are still placed on units which make their save."
>
> So, you could argue that the Holofield is different from the Save special
> ability, in that it prevents BM's, but I'd think you to be a loony. If HF's
> act at all like a Save, then they clearly don't prevent BM's.

1) I am a Looney and I don't think holofields prevents BM
2) In all of the Epic 40K stuff there is a more or less tight useage of the word
"hits" and the placing of blast markers is NOT part of it. You place BM's before
you figure out how many, if any, dice you get to find out if you get hits or not.