Re: [Epic] IG and Planetary Assault Landings

From: Los <los_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 21:44:24 -0500

Chris Miller wrote:

> >Oh, and as far as the Tyranid invasion meaning some IG has to go in as
> assault troops, well, um, the location of the fleet is not exactly unknown ,
> so what the IG does is reinforce worlds in the area _before_ they get
> invaded - troops pouring in and the Imperial fleet staying in system in
> anticipation of an attack.

This is not necessarily true. remember teh Tyrannid invasion comes in two
flavors. Cult and the full blown hive fleet. The discover or revealing of a Cult
uprising/invasion is by it's very nature often a nasty surprise, discovvered by
accident by teh sudden "dropping off the communications net" by a certain
planet, etc. In these isnstances it is generally agreed that instant actions is
necessary to save the planet form a take over by the Cult, before it calls in
the Hive fleet with the Primarchs sychic beacon OR it has to undergo an
exterminatus. In most cases teh Space Marines get their first, often not even
waiting for the I.G. because it's such a time sensitive operations, but teh
circumstancs could very well be reversed.

There's a lot of good info on the mechanics of Tyrannid/Cult operations both in
the Codex and on the net under GW gateway..Fiction (Inparticular teh Cult of the
four armed Emperor section.

Hope I'm not beating a dead horse, I'm just enjoying the conversation and
everyone's input.

Los