Re: [Epic] off topic:Wd leaderless?

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 19:22:55 +1000

Thane Morgan wrote:

> I can only assume your analysis of old epic comes from not playing it.
> The tactics in Epic were far more intricate than current rules allow;
> you might as well play with colored blocks of paper now. Sure there were
> problems, but they could have been easily remedied with lobotomizing it.

I beg to differ. In fact, I differ to an extreme amount.

SM2 had a lot of tactics, but less so than E40K. Much of it was the
concentration of firepower in space and time (wee and good, so it should
be!), but there was almost nothing regarding proper use of reserves,
softening up (as opposed to killing) an enemy before assault, etc.

Too bad we're on different continents, I'd like to give you some
examples in a game or two, half using SM2, half using E40K.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo