Re: [Epic] Rhinos

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 12:37:56 -0600

Larry "Liquid" Plummer wrote:

> Something has been eating at me for a couple weeks now. I had noticed while
> organizing my detachments that Rhinos have no firepower, range or assault
> value regardless of the fact that they have two bolters mounted on the roof.
> I e-mailed the Roolzboyz and asked about this and was told that in fact
> those bolters in essence are hood ornaments except when adding up tour
> supporting fire. That was enough to end that worry until I was re-reading
> WD214. They had a little side note on pg.102 about a single, lone Rhino
> shooting down 2 aircraft. Now how in the hell is that possible?

Any unit, including those with 0 FP may snap fire. Flyers can be shot down via
snap fire. A single unit may snap fire at multiple targets per turn (but may SF
at any give target only once). It is possible for a 0 FP unit to do some major
amount of damage, just not real likely.

Ask Matt Weyna about having Space Marine Bikers charge a single Ork boyz stand
some time....