Re: [Epic] Whirlwinds and Griffons

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 22:37:36 -0700

Chris Pinson wrote:

> Hiya all,
>
> I was looking through the army lists over the weekend and started thinking
> about Whirlwinds to support infantry (same detachment) and Griffons to
> support mechanised detachments (infantry, chimeras and leman russ tanks).
>
> What have people found these two vehicles are good at ???
>
> Any thoughts in general about them ???
>
> Cheers.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------> -----------------------------------
>
> Chris Pinson
>
> "I don't suffer from insanity,
> I enjoy every minute of it"
>
> Analyst/Programmer
> Empower Business Systems
> (08) 8233 2059
> chrisp_at_...
> http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/6573

I don't use either of these, but I think their best use would be to back
up an assault company as a separate detachment. Use them to put a bunch
of relatively cheap blast markers on a detachment prior to an assault,
with out exposing anyone to direct fire. Maybe 4-6 of these vehicles,
half as many predators/ Leman Russ's to soak up blastmarker effects and
~ 1 infantry stand per vehicle to soak up hits and prevent your opponent
from getting +4 to assault rolls.

Thane