Re: [Epic] Whirlwinds and Griffons

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 06:40:46 +1300

On Mon 05 Jan, Thane Morgan wrote:
> Chris Pinson wrote:
> >

> I don't use either of these, but I think their best use would be to back
> up an assault company as a separate detachment. Use them to put a bunch
> of relatively cheap blast markers on a detachment prior to an assault,
> with out exposing anyone to direct fire. Maybe 4-6 of these vehicles,
> half as many predators/ Leman Russ's to soak up blastmarker effects and
> ~ 1 infantry stand per vehicle to soak up hits and prevent your opponent
> from getting +4 to assault rolls.

They are also particularly useful when attacking troops, such as Chaos flamers and
and Eldar aspect warriors that have a 45cm charge reach that is out of the 30cm
range of most Marine and IG weapons range. If you are lucky the BMs inflicted in the
shooting phase will prevent your oppents unit moving, this will allow you to move into
firefight range. You should in most cases easily beat these types of units in
firefights.

--
 Sean Smith

 Home - Seans_at_...