Re: [Epic] Painting Ulthwe Vehicles.

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 07:48:47 -0500

I had no idea that Jay Leno's chin had such magical powers. wrote:

> Hello:
> I've been trying to paint the armor units for my Eldar army. I an
> choosen the Ulthwe craft world because A.) They got a cool history and
> B.) The color scheme is simple. After following every and all
> suggestions I could find I set to work painting my Falcons and Wave
> Serpents. They look like crap. I don't know what the problem is but
> no matter how hard I try I just can't get enough detail out of the
> minis. In the end they just look terrible. Does anyone have any
> suggestions for painting these things?

I don't claim to be a great painter--I basically just use a color
and a wash, plus a few details. But I'm pretty happy with my falcons.
I used yellow with a brown wash (instead of the orange/red GW has
suggested for that color), and some blue detail. There is a picture
on my epic page at: http://www.avs.com/~askinner/epic/ (in the
Eldar section, of course). They look better than they do in the
picture--some of the highlights look like places I messed up the blue.

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...