Re: [Epic] new(?) special ability/Eldar and IG Army list

From: <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 09:17:16 +0000

> If someone wants to put any of this on his web page I have no objections,
> but name me please.
>

> Shooty Weapons (add to rulebook page 35)
>
> Some units are equipped with more potent weaponry than is normal for their
> type. Of course the down side to toting this amount of cumbersome waeponry
> is that the unit becomes more vulnerable in close combat.
>
> Shooty Weapons units count +1 to their Firepower value but have their
> assault value halved (round up).
>

> notes:
> This is only a slight variation of "Heavy Weapons" (like Space Wolves
> varies from Assault). It is mainly intended for Dire Avengers and Fire
> Dragons but Long Fangs and Chaos Squats with this will be more like they
> were in SM2. Points costs depent greately on the units range and original
> assault value. Do not combine Shooty and Heavy Weapons (too powerful).

Here is another ability:I thought of this as an additional ability
for things that are better than your aveage troop. Mainly it kinda
solves the problem of dark reapers and Thunderes.

(Again, page 35) Good Shots

Troops who are good shots are either very good at hitting their
target, being equiped with targeters or either weapons that spray so
much fire that some of it has to hit!
Troops with this ability consider a target 1 collum to the left when
firing at it. If a detachment containst troops with this ability and
troops without it roll the dice seperatly, however total firepower is
considered for blast markers.

Upgrades for varius units:
For edldar aspect warriers, wherevver they can get Heavy Weapons:
Add:
+12 Heavy Weapons, Good Shots (*)
* Pick only one upgrade

For Squats, where they can get heavy weapons:
add:
+12 Heavy Weapons, Good Shots (*)
* Pick only one upgrade

For Gretchen: