Re: [Epic] EPIC40k Rumor (Control)

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 08:49:23 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 12 Feb 1997, oki_at_... wrote:

> >Close Combat:
> >
> >CC not only represents hand-to-hand fighting, but also short range firing
> >_in_a_supporting_role_. As Jervis has said losers in CC will lose ground,
> >automatically breaking off combat (probably to be charged again next
> >turn.) Also see my comments on bases and psykers for more on CC.
> >

> The losers will break, but not die ? Obviously I am missing something, but
> not quite sure what it is. Could you clarify it to me more.

This is Rumor Control and these are the facts...

The entire losing detachment will break and have to immediately make a
retreat move. If they do not get outside a cetain range of enemy units
they will be wiped out and destroyed.

> A few questions:
> 1. From what you know, do you think of the new system. Is it
> significantly better, in your opinion, of course...

I don't know about better... I like it and it's different from the old
rules... other than that I can't really say. But I do like it and will be
shelling out the money for it. If you back me up against a wall I'd have
to say I rather play Epic40k than Epic.

> 2. I understand that there are 3 books (?), one of which listed "all"
> the units available for Epic40K. How comprehensive is it ? Does it have Ork
> Flyers, Eldar Exodites, Titans ? If it does not, I think GW will most
> probably come out with supplements (Codex Epic Eldar, Codex Epic Chaos, blah
> :P) and probably another set for Titans (Waaarrrrggghhhh!!!)

It has Ork Flyers, it has Titans for Ork, Eldar, Chaos, Imperium and
Tyranid, it does not have a listing for Exodites, prolly see that in WD
real soon after the release tho'.

> 3. Do the rules clarify some classic "doom-weavers vs void shields",
> blah, blah, blah issue ?

Yep... Doom weavers now only act as supression weapons. The casualties
inflicted by a slow moving cloud of monowire are too small to model, but
you cause a lot of disruption as people scramble to get out of it's way.

> 4. Is it worth the money ? SQ, probably. Me, I will probably be buying
> it anyway :(

According to my retailer it'll go for about $70 US, and he might have a
special deal for people who already have the old rules (bring in a cover
and get $10 off) kinda thing. I think it's worth it and I'll be buying as
soon as my store gets 'em.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy