Re: [Epic] blast markers & morale

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 12:57:16 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Dirk Vormann wrote:

> > Ok, after a few battles it has come quite obvious that standard morale
> > rules
> > for blast markers are unsable.
>
> What about putting a maximum limit on the morale lost due to BMs on the
> detachment? Perhaps: You do not loose more morale than the detachment
> contains units (or halve damage capacity in case of WEs). This Idea is
> stolen from the CC rules (do not take more BMs than units involved in the
> CC.)
>
> DV

I like the morale and BM the way as written. Now limits on the army lists
on the otherhand.....

However, I really don't think that Titans should be affected by BM at all.
period.

 I play against Eldar alot. One of the the first thing that my Orks
learned was to use small detachtments. Lots and lots of small ones.

It's no big deal if a 170 pt. group gets stopped by BMs, there are more
orks to take over for them.

If many of your units are pinned, that means that you taking more hits
and cannot reply with fire of your own.. Taking BMs mean that your boys
are losing the fight. Different tactics are in order. If you can't out
shoot them, outflank them. CC and FF are good for this.

**
mike
**