Re: [Epic] blast markers & morale

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 17:26:28 -0700

Mike Bowen wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Dirk Vormann wrote:
>
> > > Ok, after a few battles it has come quite obvious that standard morale
> > > rules
> > > for blast markers are unsable.
> >
> > What about putting a maximum limit on the morale lost due to BMs on the
> > detachment? Perhaps: You do not loose more morale than the detachment
> > contains units (or halve damage capacity in case of WEs). This Idea is
> > stolen from the CC rules (do not take more BMs than units involved in the
> > CC.)
> >
> > DV
> >

> I like the morale and BM the way as written. Now limits on the army lists
> on the otherhand.....
>
> However, I really don't think that Titans should be affected by BM at all.
> period.
>
> I play against Eldar alot. One of the the first thing that my Orks
> learned was to use small detachtments. Lots and lots of small ones.
>
> It's no big deal if a 170 pt. group gets stopped by BMs, there are more
> orks to take over for them.
>
> If many of your units are pinned, that means that you taking more hits
> and cannot reply with fire of your own.. Taking BMs mean that your boys
> are losing the fight. Different tactics are in order. If you can't out
> shoot them, outflank them. CC and FF are good for this.
>
> **
> mike
> **

I think your missing the point. He's not complaining about units being
immobilized, he's complaining about losing 10 morale per turn from a 2
unit detachment. I thought the rule was that a detachment could not lose
more morale than it had units, but maybe that was a common sense
assumption that isn't really in the rules.

Thane