Re: [Epic] Epic Campaign

From: Richard Bright <r.bright_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 15:15:41 +1300

At 11:02 AM 1/6/98 +1030, Chris Pinson wrote:
>What I would like is ideas for small battles, eg an attack on an airfield
>to reduce the level of airpower available in the next battle, cutting
>supply routes, etc. Anything which would give an advantage or place a
>limitation on a future game. I will then compile them into a table which
>can be rolled on between each major battle.

Hi Chris,
My suggestion is 'The Battle of Pebble Beach'. You need to set up the table
as an 18 hole golf course using green paper to designate greens and small
squares of paper to mark teeing grounds. Bunkers, GUR, water courses etc
should also be marked out. You'll need quite a few trees. There also needs
to be a club house.

Special Rules:
1. No one is allowed to move on to a green (except skimmers).
2. Wheeled or tracked vehicles can only move on fairways or in woods if
applicable (but skimmers can go anywhere).
3. Only small arms fire can be directed at targets on a green.
4. All "re-roll" fate cards are renamed "Mulligan cards".
5. If a unit is in a bunker it cannot use a "mulligan card" - no practice
shots ;-)

Special Scoring:
In addition to normal scoring rules:
1. Add 10 points per hole which is completely clear of enemy (tee, fairway
and green must be clear).
2. Add 20 points for capturing the club house.
3. Deduct 5 points every time you use a "mulligan card".
4. Deduct 20 points if you destroy the clubhouse.

Campaign Effects:
The winner throws a die to represent the CinC playing a round on the newly
liberated golf course. A '5' or '6' means he had a great round and next
game his army gets a strategy rating of 6. A '3' or '4' means he had an ok
game and his strategy rating next battle will be as normal. A '1' or '2' is
an awful game, he's fed up and in the next battle the strategy rating will
be 1.

Regards,
Richard

"The important lesson is that you can get what
you want and still not be very happy"
                        Pope Cerebus

Get inside the mind of Richard Bright at:
http://www.geocities.com/timessquare/alley/2405