Re: [Epic] blast markers & morale

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 21:11:02 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Thane Morgan wrote:

> I think your missing the point. He's not complaining about units being
> immobilized, he's complaining about losing 10 morale per turn from a 2
> unit detachment. I thought the rule was that a detachment could not lose
> more morale than it had units, but maybe that was a common sense
> assumption that isn't really in the rules.

well, I might agree that a cap on morale loss should be no more tha the
original # of units in the detachment each turn.
   What I was getting at was that if your enemy cannot concentrate his
fire against a single detachment, you wouldn't have to worry about
getting rid of 10 BM anyway.
Tactics. Make the enemy split his fire, and not be able to grind up a big
detachment each turn.

BMs are a good indicator that a detachment is getting way too much
attention from the enemy, 10 BM is a sure sign that the "plan" went wrong.

Running headlong into a prepared defence is not good tactics.
Use Flanking maneuvers or airpower to reduce the arty, then rush up your
units.

> Thane

**
mike