RE: [Epic] blast markers & morale

From: Kalle Marjola <kalle.marjola_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 16:51:55 +0200

The problem here is that some of you still seem not to get it, but it
might
be because of different sizes gaming tables (we have 100x200) and other
similar things.

For example, if a 2000 point army has that proposed 8 artillery 90cm
disrupt units,
it would leave around 1700 points for other troops.

And as far assuming that the opponent does not roll '6' in movement
phase,
he is screwed as soon as one detachment comes within 90cm of the
artillery if
this tactic is used. The other player uses these disrupt weapons to rain
8 BMs
each turn to that unit, and soon the other army has lost for morale
loss.
These rest 1700 points in the army are used to defend that artillery, so
they
do not need to split they fire or otherwise stop this 'way to
win'-tactic.

Cheesy? Yes, but the borderline in such tactics is hard to define, so it
is better
to limit morale loss from BMs.

Limiting morale loss to # of units (or half the DC or whatever) is a way
to go, but
in our tests with that rule, morale losses from blast markers still
decide the
outcome of the battle, and make disrupt a bit too powerful. It is
excellent for
suppression, preventing advance and SHWs and reducing close
combat/firefight power,
why it must also be the best way to win in morale terms?

                                &Kalle