Re: [Epic] Eldar Titans and Vortex Missiles

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 09:48:19 -0500

Larry "Liquid" Plummer wrote:
> Taking into cosideration what a Vortex missile does, why should a holofield
> protect a titan from it? According to the rules it creates a type of warp
> hole. If a titan (holofield distorting aim or not) is in the Barrage
> template of an exploding Vortex, what is to stop it from getting some damage
> from it when it finally implodes?

There is still the issue of whether or not the missile is really
placed as well as the template was. Sure, the player can put the
template right on the Titan, but I'm sure in the case of holofields
that either the template is some off that (probably aimed at the
image of the titan) or the titan isn't exactly where the model is.
How many hits are scored and how many of those make it past the
holofield reflects how well the missile really landed, and how
close it really was.

I think that's quite a reasonable justification. But I don't know
how far off the holofield is supposed to make the image, anyway. I
assume it does more than blur it.

andy

--
Andy Skinner