Re: [Epic] Warlock Titan weapons

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 09:14:55 -0600

At 05:44 PM 2/11/97 -0500, you wrote:

> 2/3 chance of destruction and almost a 1/3 of doing nothing.
>It's the doing nothing that's the problem -

As opposed to rolling a 1-2 on most damage charts.

>personally I'll take the
>+2 damage bonus the Chain Fist gives (along with the extra D6 in CC,
>which is useful against everyone, not just titans) over the powerfist's
>2/3 chance of actually being useful.

Actually, I forgot to use this +2 over the weekend. I suppose that Warhound
should have died, then.

> The chainfist's +2 bouns on damage rolls means that, if
>I remember the head damage tables correctly, you have a 2/3 chance
>of destroying the titan and a 1/3 chance that the titan's CAF is
>halved for the rest of the game. Not only are those chances
>better than the powerfist, you get the extra D6 CAF to boot. No
>comparison.
> And what if your opponent doesn't take any titans at all?
>the powerfist is really a waste then (the eldar one less so than the
>imperial one, but still a waste).

Then I still say the 4 shots are more useful than the extra d6 overall.
Let's face it, titans arent' in cc all that often against other titans, and
the extra d6 just means 1 more stand is needed when someone dog-piles your
titan.

>Scott
>shupes_at_...

Look, I'm not saying powerfists are the end-all, be-all of titan weapons.
They're not that great, but I think saying they suck rocks is a bit exaggerated.

Tempest