Re: [Epic] Unrealistic Close Assault

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 11:13:21 -0500

> Except with a dense or even reasonalby dense deployment you get
> massacred by artillary. Which sucks if you don't have any to shoot
> back. (Darn eldar, need weapons capable of killing things.)

I find there is a zone between death by artillery and death by harrying
attacks. You can certainly cater to the opponent. When facing IG,
you're much more likely to be pounded by arty than attacked on the
flanks, so by all means spread out. When facing Eldar who have no
barrages (guess why, it would make them almost unstoppable) but
specialize in flanking/harrying attacks, keep formations dense - it will
make their lives much more difficult.

Regards,

- Erik