Re: [Epic] Unrealistic Close Assault

From: Dirk Vormann <DVormann_at_...-duisburg.de>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 20:16:48 +0100 (MEZ)

> Eldar arn't that much faster (rhinos and all them move 30 also...) so
> how do you get around the flanks?
Is a charge range of 65 cm not fast enough for you?

> (while we're at it, anyone find a use for guardians, at least IG cannon
> fodder can shoot back..)

There was something on the list some time ago.

a)
Assault order. Break enemy in FF. If he only retreats just outside 15 cm
then it depends on initiative in next turns movement phase. If you move
first, flee on assault orders and try the same again in the following
assault phase. If he moves first and flees, do the same as above. If he
stays near, set overwatch.

b)
Use a large detachment (20+ units) together with an Aspect det, both on
assault orders. Aspects will win CC against anyone, while the guardians
engage those enemy units not already engaged by aspects. There should be
some guardians/transport vehicles left to surround the target, killing a
complete det instantly.

DV