Re: [Epic] Warlock Titan weapons

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 10:46:51 -0500 (EST)

duckrvr_at_... writes:
> At 04:10 PM 2/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >Seriously, though: How badly do Eldar titans need a CC weapon? Pretty
> >badly; the powerfist is the only Eldar titan CC weapon, and the
> >consensus says that it sucks rocks.
>
> It doesn't suck. It has a reasonable use against regular models and it has
> a specialty use against titans. Since most Eldar weapons and troops are
> really good at doing ONE thing, I don't think this is all that
> inappropriate. In any case, it beats the hell out of an imperial powerfist.

        I generally don't see 1 on 1 Titan combats. As a result, I
continue to view the Eldar Powerfist as useless. If you scratch up
the Head, the CAF will be halved for at least the turn. If you win 4
CCs, the Titan will be guaranteed to fall (always increasing the
damage on the Titan each win). It also takes freak rolling of the
dice for 4 wins to be necessary.

Mark