Re: Sv: [Epic] Casualties

From: Los <los_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 02:10:48 -0500

oe way i make craters is to take a beer cap or something suitable, then press
some tin foil over it. It can then be glues to a base. I then spray paint it
matt black, and before the stuff dries, I sprinkle a dark flock over the thing
followed by another spray of black paint. If anyone wants pictures I have a
digital camera and can take some.

Anyway they come out real nice looking. I have created an entire "smashed city"
using all the smashed up buildings from the E40k box set (including some extra
building sprues I bought from them, as well as some wrecked building I bought
from TCS. I mount them on thick 8x11" cardstock to make city blocks, then lay
out roads. next I put down craters of various sizes , then i take all kinds of
stuff, rocks and pebbles and sand to make rubble, plus bent up extra sprue for
torn girders.

In big destroyed buildings I'll take the little nubs that come on sprues and
glue them inside the buildings so they look like pillars. thrown in a few GHQ
1/285th trucks and vehicles, plus some old HR romans slayed out to look dead.
Then I spray it black, flock it, and spray it again. voila', instant great
Imperial City destroyed by orbital bombardment.

I also picked up some of those Geohex (Or GZG) resin modular micro buildings
and made a nice scifi looking defense base. I found an old millenium falcom,
tore off the radar, and voila' I have an instant shield generator.

Put the whole thing together on my table and you have a huge city destroyed by
orbital bombardment with an Imperial Base on the outskirts with a still intact
shield generator that has to be assaulted by ground forces!

Los