Re: [Epic] blast markers & morale

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 20:13:14 +1000

Chris Pinson wrote:

> could someone please explain to me why I have to take shit from this
> loudmouth ???

Well... Mr Morgan has contributed some good postings. I may disagree
with a lot of them, but they're worthy of consideration. Strictly IMHO,
it's worth the occasional gratuitous insult to read his stuff. It shows
some degree of thought, logic and experience. Yes, I wish he would
desist on the crap too, if only to save bandwidth, but in time maybe he
will.

> Thane, whatever happened to manners and consideration ??? The person you
> claimed 'played with himself' is one of the more respected members of list
> with close ties to the Australian wargames fraternity and works for the
> Australian Defense Force in a teaching capacity.

*BLUSH*

Actually, I assumed he was being serious, rather than perpetrating a
puerile double-entendre. Most of the people I play against, I taught
(not at ADFA), and we use my extensive collection of figs. So
intellectual incest is a risk, not being exposed to new tactics etc.
OTOH we play large-ish games (4000 pts min, often 8+) with many
detachments on a large table, so there's a fair bit of variety. Still,
if he was trying to say that the tactics I espoused were a victim of
having too small a group of players, he may be right.

> BTW ... don't be such a smart ass about peoples .sigs
> > And clean up all that crap at the end of your messages.

I think he was referring to:

> Name: WINMAIL.DAT
> Part 1.2 Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
> Encoding: x-uuencode

Which appears at the bottom of your posts. However, unless you're the
net administrator, this is rather out of your control, AFAIR. It's the
"visitors card" left by Microsoft Mail telling who you are.

BTW My thanks for rushing to my defence. Both the thought and deed are
greatly appreciated.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo