Re: [Epic] Net Epic Gudelines

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 11:17:18 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 12-Feb-97 Re: [Epic] Net Epic Gudelines by
"nethol"_at_...
[Titan Point Costs]
> > >I will be continuing on this bit, but I would like some of your input,
> too!
> >
> > This is a good suggestion from a game ballance position, but...
> > While some of us are happy doing the math and min maxing our forces...
> > A lot of others aren't.
> >
> Yes, it is so for a lot of others, but not for us, who are intelligent
> enough to design a game of strategy here. The point is to apply the above
> formulas (or like) to the weapons to prepare fixed cost tables like those
> of all the regular units, so that the *less gifted ones* can benefit, and
> play a logically balanced game.

Excerpts from Epic: 12-Feb-97 Re: [Epic] Net Epic - Close.. by
"nethol"_at_...
>> From: Jyrki Saari <js54904_at_...>
>> > 1st edition also has some nice modifiers for close combat and
>separates
>> > vehicle -vs- infantry melees. Here is the close combat table:
>This would make CC more and more complicated and slower. More and more like
>40K too!

    I'm sorry, but I hardly consider myself to be less intelligent for
wanting to abstract out certain parts of combat in combat on a scale
like Epic. I also see a glaring inconsistency in your argument, as
Titan Weapon costs also make the game more complicated, slower, and more
like 40k.

    That said, I like having lots of optional rules, like Titan Weapon
costs. I can try to dredge out of my mailbox the list I posted for
Eldar Titan weapons a few months back. The figures were all fudged off
the top of my head, but seemed about right, and those in favor of Titan
Weapon costs seemed to like it.

Mark