Re: [Epic] COMMENTS PLEASE

From: Alun Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 09:23:33 +0930

> I'm considering putting up a thread here on making Chaos armies for
40k.
> Please let me know if you think that it's a good idea.
>
> P.S. I'll throw in ideas for titans to keep it Epicy
>
> Signed
> Peter the Shadow Inquisitor

If it is for Chaos Epic 40K then no objections, but if it is for Chaos
Warhammer 40K (even if it has got a little bit of titans thrown in to make
it Epicy ?) then put it on the 40K mailing list.
a) You'll get more and probably better responses from a list that deals with
40K rather than one where only some of the players play 40K.
b) Myself, and a few others I know couldn't give a rat's arse (meant
politely) about 40K and don't want to read about on an Epic list.

Now before everyone starts flaming away about my right to exercise the use
of the delete key, yes I agree. But, botom line if I am paying good money to
download messages from a list I subsribed to that was for the discussion of
EPIC, why should I have to delete half the treads because they are off
topic.

I have no objection to the odd off topic thread as long as it is labeled as
such. Heck, I have done so myself a couple of days ago with the ManOWar
question. But I expected to recieve answers privately and even stated this
in my post. Peter, you could have emailed me privately to ask about Skaven
and thus not increased the amount of off topic threads.
Off topic threads should be the exception not the rule as the have been
becoming lately.
While I'm having a rant, Sam, just because someone chooses to spend $80 of
HIS money on bases, he does not deserve to be called a "rich Git". If it was
meant as a joke then make it obvious ie. <gg> :-) (Haa Haa) etc.
Somepeople take offence at comments like that especially from people the
don't know.
Well thats enough from me. Just expressing my opinion and what I believed to
be the general opinion and guidelines and aims of this list when I joined
it. If I'm out of line and the general concensus is that everyone wants to
abuse each other and encourage off topic threads then I may need to reassess
my subscription.
Please can we have comments. This is our list. It relies on our feedback and
exercising of the majority view to control it.
Cheers
Alun