Re: [Epic] EPIC40k Rumor (Control)

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 10:51:48 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 12 Feb 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> I have a problem with not killing them. You see, in modern combat (what
> this is based on) assault is a deciding factor. Either you overrun the
> enemy, causing massive casualties, or one of you retreats, and takes massive
> casualties. You don't fall back and simultaneously prevent casualties. You
> don't fall back and maintain any sort of unit cohesion. It's too late for
> that. You die in droves. Period.
>
> But then again, it's pretty obvious that few if any GW staff have any sort
> of real military experience . . .

This is Rumor Control, blah,blah blah.....

Broken detachments in CC will retreat after they have taken casualties...
so all the units get smashed and the rest in the detachment that are
still living will break and run for it. Depending on how much you win the
combat by determines the chance of killing an opponent (if you beat him by
4 you kill an opponent on a 2+ etc...)

> My understanding is that the basic set has all the races and their basic
> units. there will be another box with Titans and superheavy stuff. This is
> what the guys at the local shop are saying anyway.

>From what I've seen SHV and Titan rules are included in the box set. They
even have a card Gargant (like the Imperator card in TL) included. Since
no Titan _models_ are in the box I'd assumed a seperate box set of titans
to be available.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy