Re: [Epic] EPIC40k Rumor (Control)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 11:21:00 -0500 (EST)

"Eric M. Siegel" <e_siegel_at_...> writes:
> Paul Tobia wrote:
> > > A few questions:

> > > 3. Do the rules clarify some classic "doom-weavers vs void shields",
> > > blah, blah, blah issue ?
> >
> > Yep... Doom weavers now only act as supression weapons. The casualties
> > inflicted by a slow moving cloud of monowire are too small to model, but
> > you cause a lot of disruption as people scramble to get out of it's way.
> >
> So basically Doom Weavers are now more useless than even Warp
> Hunters were? Wow, not much chance of seeing them on a battlefield
> ever again.

        Whoa, whoa, hold your horses. From what I've been hearing
(check out the posting on the GW web page), all artillery is only
really good at supressive fire under the new rules. In fact, almost
all weapons are only good for contributing to a CC. Also, aren't CCs
modeled so that they can be played as 40k battles? Grr...

        Hmm. Getting off track here. Doomweavers aren't being
singled out. All artillery do this now, according to the official
post from GW.

Mark