Re: [Epic] EPIC40k Rumor (Control)

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 15:52:59 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 12 Feb 1997, Mark A Shieh wrote:

> "Eric M. Siegel" <e_siegel_at_...> writes:
>
> Whoa, whoa, hold your horses. From what I've been hearing
> (check out the posting on the GW web page), all artillery is only
> really good at supressive fire under the new rules. In fact, almost
> all weapons are only good for contributing to a CC. Also, aren't CCs
> modeled so that they can be played as 40k battles? Grr...

Rumor Control...

It has been stated that CC takes place at the ranges of WH40k and a phase
of CC lasts for about 4 WH40k turns. As far as rules compatibility, nope.

> Hmm. Getting off track here. Doomweavers aren't being
> singled out. All artillery do this now, according to the official
> post from GW.

Disrupting weapons (like the Doom Weaver and Biovores) don't do an
appreciable amount of damage but can inflict much more supression than
"normal" artillery. Normal artillery can inflict enough casualties to
warrant removing units. There is a difference.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy