RE: [Epic] Rough Riders

From: Steve Sheldon <s_sheldon_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 10:53:09 PST

>Hiya
>
>> I was looking through the army book the other day and came up with
the
>> following detachment. I know it's big but I figured CC detachments
need
>> larger than normal.
>>
>> 3 Rough Rider commands squads
>> 9 Rough Rider main squads
>> 8 Support HellHounds.
>
>It looks great. If you want to depress everyone, calculate the cost to
>build it. I wanted to build some new bike/ attack bike forces like
this,
>but after figuring the cost, decided to stick with squat proxies (
>harley's look cooler, anyway).

This reminds me, I came up with another detachment (this is working of
the captain and 3 lieutenants model)

IG fast assault/Recon Detachment

1 Captain: IG Bike (Hero) 28points
  Upgrade to include a psyker +10pts

up to 3 lieutenants:
  Rough rider lieutenant 10points
  Bike lietenant 8points
  *Extra cost to include
       Psyker +10points
       Upgrade to hero +5points

Main Force
You may choose up to 3 squads per lieutenant, these squads must be of
the same type as their CO

Rough riders (1RR stand) 10Points

Bike Squad (1-2 Bike stands) 8points each

Support
The number of support units may not exceed the number of main force
units.

Hellhound 12points
Sentinels (1-5 sentinels) 8 points each

Chain of Command
Captain->Lieutenant->main force squad->Support vehicle

The stats for the bikes are
Move: 30
range: 15
fp: 1
Assault: 1
armour: 4
cost: 8

Any comments?
Steve

COMING SOON, My NEW and IMPROVED signature file...