Re: [Epic] Rough Riders

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 13:23:50 -0600

Steve Sheldon wrote: This reminds me, I came up with another detachment
(this is working of

> the captain and 3 lieutenants model)
>
> IG fast assault/Recon Detachment
>
> 1 Captain: IG Bike (Hero) 28points
> Upgrade to include a psyker +10pts
>
> up to 3 lieutenants:
> Rough rider lieutenant 10points
> Bike lietenant 8points
> *Extra cost to include
> Psyker +10points
> Upgrade to hero +5points
>
> Main Force
> You may choose up to 3 squads per lieutenant, these squads must be of
> the same type as their CO
>
> Rough riders (1RR stand) 10Points
>
> Bike Squad (1-2 Bike stands) 8points each
>
> Support
> The number of support units may not exceed the number of main force
> units.
>
> Hellhound 12points
> Sentinels (1-5 sentinels) 8 points each
>
> Chain of Command
> Captain->Lieutenant->main force squad->Support vehicle
>
> The stats for the bikes are
> Move: 30
> range: 15
> fp: 1
> Assault: 1
> armour: 4
> cost: 8
>
> Any comments?

In the current IG list of the E41K project the stats for bikers is:

IG Bikers 35 15 1 2 4+ (at 10 pts per)
Which is the same as SM bikers, BTW.

The current though in E41K is that bikes are not all that great as HTH
troops. I know this flies in the face of SM/TL practice, but there it is.
No bike unit is the game has an assault value of higher than 2. SM and CSM
bikers have a value of 2, Ork and Eldar have a value of 1. I can't see IG
bikes getting a value over 2. I also have a little problem with the 8
points, when the cheapest other bike unit is 10 (SM/CSM), with orks being
13 and eldar 15 (granted this is skimmer unit).

Nitpicks about the bikers aside it's a nice army list, and one that will be
listed in my "Project guard" section of E41K, with your permission