RE: [Epic] Rough Riders

From: Steve Sheldon <s_sheldon_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 09:18:21 PST

>Bike 8 points, hero +5 points, new det +25 points totals 38 and not 28.

Oops my fault, sorry.

>Yes! Here you get a complete Rough Rider Main Force with Hellhound
>Support. This one NEEDS the +50 points (for 2nd and 3rd command
>squad) which are in the original armies book list, especially as they
can
>include Psykers as well.
>Huge Rough Rider dets with lots of Hellhound are one problem which we
(me
>and my regular gaming group) encoutered during testing the IG list I
>mailed some time ago.

You seem to have a problem with this, Marines can get 30 bikes with 10
vindicators, and they are a lot deadlier than this, but they only pay
for one HQ, orks can have tons of buggies and bikes too, as can Eldar.
By adding the 25 point HQ units in the IG, it is effectively limiting
the detachment size to 3 units, the only thing that makes a diff. is
morale and break point.

I stand by what I wrote, IG need some fast attack stuff.

Steve