Re: [Epic] Dark angels and extreme boredom

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 09:01:16 -0500

Steve Sheldon wrote:

> It has occurred to me that the ravenwing rules are useless, why would
> you sacrifice half your FP and movement for +1 armour? I cannot think of
> why you would ever use this. Instead I propose: when assaulting or
> marching, either:
> a) Receive +1 armour automatically
> b) Work out dice rolled as if the unit was one column to the left on the
> FP table (ie when marching, use the centre column)
>
> It would be more in character with the jink rules in 40K

        It would also cost more than the proposed WD rule, since
there is no downside. Your first suggestion would be the easiest to
price; just run the improved bike/speeder stats through the points
formula posted here a little while ago.

> DEATHWING: For +1 points, deathwing terminators automatically pass any
> leadership tests they are required to make, this does not count for
> their transport or support.

        That's a little strong for only 1 point more. And as I've
mentioned in the past, the E40k representation of "immune to
psychology & break tests", at least for non-Tyranids, is Stubborn.
Because that's exactly what Thousand Sons and Noise Marines get in
E40k, and both units are immune to psych in WH40k.

        Not every special ability a unit has in WH40k has to be
represented in it's E40k stats.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Ia! Ia! Cthulgu fhtagn!"