Re: [Epic] Hills?

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 00:46:59 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Thane Morgan wrote:

> I've used these trees, and they're an absolute pain to get together and
> maintain. For some ungoddly reason, they crumbled the foam that comes
> with the basic set (any additional foam comes in blocks). I've tried
> elmers, hob-e-tac, crazy, maxicure and spray glue on these trunks, and
> none of them could hold the crumbled foam to the trees if the forest was
> handled or transported in any way. Even spraying with hairspray or
> varnish didn't work; in fact, sometimes the glue would redissolve and
> the tree would shed its leaves on the spot. The only success I had was
> buying a new bag of foam (in a block), tearing thin strips from the
> block which could be wrapped around the trees and glued in place with
> crazy glue. I recommend the conifers over the deciduous variety, as it
> is easier to wrap the trunks.

they also make a bag of stuff called "Poly-Fiber" its a floss/cottony
stretchable green fiber that you put over the tree branches. spray lightly
with spray glue, sprinkle the small foam bits on the fiber, and fix in
place with cheap hairspray. You can make many more trees this way
with the same amount of foliage, and they look better.

you are correct,the other way makes very fragile trees, though the "clump"
style foliage isnt too bad.

> I have a suspicion that rubber cement will work fairly well, you may
> want to try that first.

not much better than the spray glue.

> Thane

**