Re: [Epic] Yet Another "Silly Question" for the Primarchs

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 07:12:10 -0600

A. Allen McCarley wrote:

> > This exactly my point. If I have a "regiment" of IG and a "Chapter"
> of
> > SM, who do I use as the SC? The IG Colonel? A Chapter Master? One
> of
> > the other random command types listed?
> >
> > All of the above? Do I have to take one at all?
>
> Except for the bugs, there is nothing to prevent you from taking as
> many SC's as you feel like paying for. I'm not sure why you'd
> want to load up on them, as they are so small.
>
> There is nothing forcing you to take any at all. I rarely ever
> take a supreme commander. (Once out of (30?) games.)

That is my reading of the rules also, but given the name of the
detachment I still want it asked. The reason why I want to know is that
I do make "real" units, and have small command elements at more than one
point in the TO&E. SC detachments fill this slot quit nicely. See the
IG Motor Rifle Regiment as an example.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com