[Epic] Yet Another "Silly Question" for the Primarchs

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 08:09:52 -0600

I know that this is what appears on the surface to be a silly question,
but I really want an answer for it. The reason why is to deploy a
"rational" regiment, you need 3-5 battalion commanders, as well as the
Regimental commander. While I could fake it with normal detachments, it
doesn't quite feel right. Speaking from my days as a US Army ADA
troopie, having the Battalion commander around on the site caused ALL
sorts of problems, never mind the Group commander (at that time the
"Group" was the Air Defense unit that was made up of more than one
Battalion. This unit was later renamed "Brigade", with no changes in
the layout. Note that it was commanded by a full "Bird" Colonel [that
would be O-6] as a group, but a Brigadier General ["One Star" O-7] when
made into a brigade. Despite the name "Brigadier", brigades are
normally commanded by Colonel, at least in the American Army. Must have
had a few spare General officers with an Air Defense background that
they needed to give jobs to.)

Opps, topic drift again. The question is...

How many "Supreme Commander" detachment may you take?
a) One, except for Trynids who are limited by the over all size of their
army as to the total number
b) As many as you want, except for 'Nids who are limited by the over all
size of their army as to the total number.
c) Some other number.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus